Kicking off the week once more and I feel really pumped to get back in the gym, after only going once last week and having to do a small home workout, missing out on a second gym session.
This week I want to go hard and reinvigorate my mind and body to go after it. Don’t want to be stuck in a routine of just doing the same things and not challenging myself or really focusing in my workouts.
Today I spent a lot of time watching and reading about working out to get myself pumped again. Arnold Schwarzenegger, my favourite motivation at the moment, got me ready to smash it in the gym. Reading, watching and listening about his workouts and plans is enough to get anyone up for it.
I have decided it is legs day, resetting my workout order, and it’s time to push myself a bit more;
- Barbell Squat – 70kg/8, 100kg/5, 100kg/5, 100kg/5, 100kg/5
- Barbell Stiff-Legged Deadlift – 70kg/8, 90kg/8, 90kg/8, 90kg/8, 90kg/8
- Dumbbell Lunges – 24kg/8, 24kg/8, 24kg/8, 24kg/8
- Leg Extensions/Lying Leg Curls Superset – 89kg/8+48kg/8, 89kg/8+48kg/8, 89kg/8+48kg/8, 89kg/8+48kg/5
- Seated Calf Raise – 50kg/5
As you can see I did really well on the calf raises….this was because my calves nearly ripped in two it felt like. My legs were destroyed after this workout even though it might not look like much. The lunges were a massive struggle.
I feel I am going to be suffering major DOMS this week.