First day back in the office after a nice long weekend break and so was feeling pretty refreshed. Had some training in the morning which brought lunch around quickly…never a bad thing. Especially when I then went for my favourite Assenheims chicken, rice and veg.
Was just looking forward to getting back into the gym again for the 3rd week of my journey. I’m excited by how pumped and into the routine I am getting. Starting to feel really good.
Got to the end of the day and I decided to have another go at the chicken quesadillas I made originally with the Gousto recipe, this time in my own way. Essentially made more of a fajita-like filling but with the quesadilla finish. So had chicken cooked in a fajita seasoning, with peppers and onions, mozzarella and a little cheddar, sandwiched in two small wraps, fried to finish. Was tasty again and feels like a real comfort food, with plenty left over for seconds another day.
Then chilled out watching Bayern pump Arsenal…not so enjoyable…before hitting up the gym for a back session. Again I wanted to try and be a bit more explosive in my movements and go back to a slightly lighter weight with higher reps than last week:
- Barbell Deadlift – 50kg/10, 70kg/10, 70kg/10, 80kg/10, 80kg/10
- Barbell Bent Over Row – 50kg/8, 50kg/10, 50kg/10
- Wide Grip Lat Pulldown – 61kg/8, 61kg/8, 61kg/8
- Cable Straight Arm Pushdown – 50kg/8, 50kg/8, 50kg/5
- Barbell Curl – 20kg/10, 30kg/5, 20kg/10
- Dumbbell Incline Curl – 9kg/8, 9kg/8, 9kg/8
- Pull Ups – 1…..wow…(my shoulders were destroyed for some reason just couldn’t do anything)
Don’t know why but my left shoulder started hurting. Usually it’s the right giving me trouble so that was worrying. I seriously need to do some more pullups and increase my strength because that was embarrassing. I quickly got out of the gym after that.