So Day 1 has been and gone, though to be fair I only really started thinking about doing all this towards the evening, so perhaps doesn’t count as a day.
I had my standard daily routine; get up, get dressed, go to work, sit at my desk all day, go home. Sound familiar?
This time though I thought (as I often think about but rarely get the drive to do) I am going to start making a change. Get myself down the gym, eat a bit better and start improving my lifestyle. Stop being lazy and just getting home, thinking I have no time to do anything, dreading the next day at work. Realise that there are 24 hours a day so use them!
I dragged myself away from my zombie like trance in Football Manager and got myself down to my gym at 10:00pm….probably not the optimum time for a workout but I like it later mainly due to how quiet the gym is. And you can still get in a good night’s sleep from say 11:30 when I get up at 7:15.
At the gym I did everyone’s favourite…legs day:
- Squat – 50kg/12, 70kg/8, 70kg/8, 70kg/8, 75kg/8
- DB Lunges – 17kg/8, 17kg/8, 17kg/8 (8 reps each side)
- Leg Press – 100kg/8, 100kg/10, 130kg/8
- Leg Extensions – 48kg/8, 48kg/8, 48kg/10
- Barbell Stiff-Legged Deadlift – 60kg/8, 60kg/8, 60kg/8
- Lying Leg Curls – 41kg/10, 48kg/8, 48kg/8
- Calf Press On Leg Press – 130kg/12, 130kg/12, 130kg/12
- Seated Calf Raise – 40kg/10, 40kg/10, 40kg/10
Stretched and warmed down on the treadmill after to get that blood pumping around the muscles but I am sure I will still be suffering from week long DOMS like I usually do after legs day. I am sure my girlfriend will enjoy foam rollering me and putting me in such pain. I don’t think I have ever seen a woman so happy…quite sadistic if you ask me.
Got home had a protein shake and a shower then started this site with a quick entry and went to bed, excited to continue where I left off the next day!