I want to take myself on a bit of a journey of self discipline more than anything and push myself to discover what I am capable of. Not in any crazy ways just mainly through working out at the gym, eating healthier and generally doing more with my life.
My thinking is if I can do it, so can you, therefore please feel free to join me on my journey and let’s see what we can accomplish. I know there are plenty of people out there to inspire you and I, showing us how amazing they are and what they have achieved, but how many are really relatable?
I want to show myself and you that I can transform my body and my lifestyle within reason and so can you. I don’t think anyone should have to give up certain things they enjoy in order to get fit or super healthy etc. so here are the things that I still want to be able to do:
- Play hockey – this is my primary sport and a big part of my life. With this in mind I need my goals to be practical. I am not working out to be some showman beefcake bruhhh.
- Eat foods I like within reason – I love pizza. Who doesn’t love pizza? Obviously I can’t be hitting up Greggs all the time and have to eat healthier but surely I can have one pizza a week as a treat, provided I work hard enough?
- See girlfriend, friends and family and drink occasionally – I’m not a big drinker as it is but you have still got to be able to go out sometimes with your friends and have a bit of a blow out. This is a very rare occurrence for me as it is so don’t see that being too much of an issue.
I think those are some pretty universal desires from the general person who would like to be healthier and fitter but just enjoy the finer things in life too much. I want to try and prove that you can have a balance and be successful in all fields.
So to summarise my aims:
- Get fitter, stronger, faster, more athletic, leaner, more muscular
- Eat cleaner – lower my crap food intake and seek out healthier alternatives that actually satisfy cravings
- Log and blog – keep track of everything to motivate myself and keep you lot in the loop whether you like it or not
Lastly here is my beautiful sweaty face after Day 1 Legs Workout: